Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cinderella



In the end of the tale "Cinderlla" in Tatar's book, Cinderella's shoe fits! The prince will now marry the woman who has been identified. Her sisters are shocked and Cinderella, being the nobel, "goody-two-shoes" that everybody hates to love, has a big deciscion to make. Should she forgive her evil step-sisters who have been nothing but cruel to her. If I were Cinderella I would have a hard time justifying a nice way to go about this. I would flee my rags and run for the riches soon to be given to me by the gorgeous and gentle prince. I would leave my step-sisters in the dust. I might make them wait on me hand and foot. I would make them do my laundry and all the other dirty work I could think of. However, Cinderella takes the nobel path and lets her step-sisters live in the palace with her and her prince. I denounce her good-hearted decision which makes every other mortal look bad.
<--Would you really want THEM living in your palace?

No comments: