Monday, October 27, 2008

*My Book and Heart Shall Never Part*

I thouroughly enjoyed My Book and Heart Shall Never Part. Stuart Weber did a wonderful job with the music which was wonderfully incorporated into the content of the movie. It was a wonderful way to contemplate the origin and the purpose of literature for chilren which is also literature for the adults who provide these stories for their impressionable kids. The allusion of reality is shaped by these stories for children. In the little books shown in the movie, people would color in the pictures and decorate the covers. They would mend any rips on the pages, showing the significance these little books had on the family or group of people that read them. The children in the movie did a wonderful job of acting. The main character transformed herself from a girl into a character in the stories she read which brought back fond memories of my childhood. I was in Kindergarden when Disney's The Little Mermaid came out in theatres. I made my mother put salt in my bathtub. I was under the allusion that I was the Little Mermaid. I think my red hair may have had something to do with it. The narration was something that was also pleasing to me. There was a man, a woman, and a child which gave lots of diversity and fun. The movie was a nice break from the busy world us grown-ups live in. It was a nice time to meditate and think of the wonderful stories that have shaped our lives as we know them. For years people have been reading fairytales and have been shaped by these stories. They are all-encompassing in our society whether we recognize them in our adult lives or not. The movie was great. Good job Colin, McWilliams, Stuart Weber, Michael Sexson, Lynda Sexson, and the cast!

No comments: